The commercial trucking industry is constantly evolving, which means you need fast and efficient insurance options to stay compliant with regulations. At American Insurance Brokers, you’ll find agents with a straightforward approach you can trust. We work fast, ensuring you can get out on the road with peace of mind. Since 1980, we’ve worked to maintain our reputation as the first choice for commercial truck insurance in Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee. We understand the unique needs of the trucking industry in the Southeast. This is what you can expect when you partner with us for your commercial truck insurance needs.
What does commercial truck insurance cover?
Commercial truck insurance requirements vary by state, which means coverages can look different depending on your location. However, these are some of the different types of commercial truck insurance you can find in many of our policies.
- Commercial auto liability: This type of insurance typically covers injuries to other people or damage to property if you’re at fault for an accident. It may also pay for your legal defense costs in the case of a lawsuit.
- Physical damage: Physical damage is a general term for a group of insurance coverages that can protect your truck. This generally covers collision insurance, as well as your choice of full comprehensive insurance or Fire and Theft with Combined Additional Coverage (CAC) insurance.
- Medical payments coverage: Also known as MedPay coverage, this can cover medical expenses for you and any passengers in your vehicle who are hurt during an accident. This is generally regardless of who caused the accident.
- Uninsured motorist insurance: Depending on the state, this type of insurance coverage may consist of three separate insurance solutions that are typically categorized together. It can protect you if you’re involved in an accident with someone who is either uninsured or underinsured.
- Trailer interchange insurance: This type of physical damage insurance is important for trailers being pulled under a trailer interchange agreement. This insurance may protect you financially if the trailer is damaged by collision, fire, theft, explosion, or vandalism.
- Non-trucking liability insurance: When you’re under permanent lease to a motor carrier and you’re not driving under dispatch, non-trucking liability insurance can provide the truck insurance coverage you need at an unlimited radius.
- Motor truck cargo insurance: For-hire truckers usually need this type of insurance to cover liability for cargo that could be lost or damaged due to causes such as fire, collision, or striking of a load.
- Motor truck general liability: For-hire truckers or motor carriers often need this type of coverage for injuries or property damage that could result from business activities unrelated to truck operations.
- On-hook towing insurance: On-hook towing insurance can pay to repair or replace a vehicle you don’t own if it is damaged by a collision, fire, theft, explosion, or vandalism while you are towing or hauling. Note that in Texas, on-hook towing insurance is known as Garagekeepers legal liability insurance.
- Garagekeepers legal liability insurance: Garagekeepers legal liability insurance can protect business owners who offer towing services or operate service stations. It may also protect a customer’s vehicle when you are keeping it at a covered location for parking, storing, or to perform service. Note that in Texas, garagekeepers legal liability coverage is called storage location insurance.
- Workers’ compensation insurance: Workers’ compensation insurance, also known as workers’ comp, is a mandatory form of insurance carried by a range of different businesses and industries. It generally covers medical costs and a portion of lost wages for an employee who is injured on the job. It can also protect companies from lawsuits related to workplace conditions.
Commercial truck insurance in Louisiana
Mandeville, Louisiana is the home of American Insurance Brokers. That means our team understands the unique needs of truck drivers in our state. From unpredictable weather to traffic, we know the challenges that make commercial truck insurance in Louisiana so important.
We can get you appropriate coverage for your fleet and make sure you get the best rates for your needs. We cover the following endorsements in Louisiana:
- MCS90: States that the driver’s financial commitment meets the state’s minimum requirement
- BMC34: Cargo liability coverage
- Form E: Demonstrates that drivers carry the minimum required insurance for their home state
- Form H: Confirms that drivers carry the minimum required cargo liability insurance for their home state
- OS/OW COI: Proves to Louisiana that drivers have sufficient liability insurance to operate oversize or overweight vehicles
- SR22: Shows that drivers have filed minimum liability insurance with their home state motor vehicles department
Commercial truck insurance in Texas
Everything’s bigger in Texas, including the sheer size of the state. We know that you’ll need a policy that covers you throughout the entire Lone Star State, from El Paso to Beaumont.
We offer several different forms of commercial truck insurance in Texas. These include:
- Trucker’s liability
- Commercial auto liability
- Trailer interchange
- Non-trucking liability
- Motor truck cargo
- Workers’ compensation
With our free coverage review, we can take a look at your existing policy to see if you need additional coverage. At American Insurance Brokers, we’ll customize your policy to ensure you’re fully confident and protected when you hit the wide-open roads of Texas.
Commercial truck insurance in Alabama
Serving all of Alabama, including Huntsville, Birmingham, Montgomery, and Mobile, American Insurance Brokers offers commercial truck insurance for nearly any trucking situation in the state.
Since premiums for liability coverage are determined by your driving record, garage location, limit of liability coverage desired, type of operations, and condition and age of equipment, your quote will be highly personalized to your company. It will also take into account whether you are traveling across Alabama state lines.
Our specially-trained staff will also ensure that your commercial truck insurance in Alabama complies with all federal and state requirements, including:
- Form E
- Form H
- OS/OW COI
We’ll work to find a policy that is right for your day-to-day operations across Alabama.
Commercial truck insurance in Mississippi
Whether you’re an independent trucker or own a fleet, commercial truck insurance in Mississippi is essential.
Mississippi law requires commercial truck drivers to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance. Depending on the type of goods you’re transporting, this is the type of coverage that is necessary:
- $300,000 for household goods
- $750,000 for general freight
- $1,000,000 for oil transport
- $5,000,000 for hazmat materials
If you do cross state lines, you’ll need to meet federally mandated coverage guidelines. Typical liability minimums are between $750,000 and $1,000,000. Our agents can help you calculate your required coverage so you can get back on the road.
Commercial truck insurance in Tennessee
From Knoxville to Memphis, commercial truck insurance in Tennessee is easy when you work with American Insurance Brokers.
Like many other states, the amount of liability insurance you need will depend on what you’re transporting. From there, we can add on important coverages, such as medical payment insurance, trailer interchange insurance, and much more.
Our agents can also file all state and federal forms when you get insurance from us. This allows us to make sure your coverage is always up to date according to changes in the law. This pertains to several different requirements, including, but not limited to:
- Form E
- Form H
- OS/OW COI
The skilled team at American Insurance Brokers will create a policy that serves your needs in Tennessee and beyond.
Commercial truck insurance in Arkansas
Different situations call for different coverage types, and we offer a variety of options for commercial truck insurance in Arkansas. You choose the coverage you need as dictated by state law.
Crossing state lines with your cargo? Not a problem. We can include coverage that will ensure you have protection no matter where you drive. We also offer cargo insurance to cover whatever you’re hauling.
Finally, our non-trucking liability insurance covers your truck when you’re off duty. This will give you peace of mind wherever and whenever you stop along your route.
Commercial truck insurance in Georgia
If you’re searching for commercial truck insurance in Georgia, you’ve come to the right place. Our agents are knowledgeable about issues that are specific to Georgia insurance policies. They have the training and experience necessary to connect you with the best coverage options for your team.
In Georgia, trucks operating within state lines usually require at least $100,000 per person and $300,000 per accident in liability coverage. If your business takes you to surrounding states and beyond, we can help you find the right interstate coverage to meet your needs.
As insurance brokers, not an insurance company, we’re brand neutral and can independently advise you on choosing the best policy for your unique needs. Plus, we’ll be right by your side if you experience an issue or accident, working to get you back on the road.
Your first choice
At American Insurance Brokers, we combine decades of proven reliability with the best in customer service. Our policyholders recommend us to their colleagues because of our strong commitment to finding policies that give your business the maximum security it needs without overpriced premiums.
We also strive to make the insurance process easy from day one. Because we serve the entire southeastern United States, our team understands the region’s unique needs and regulations. We’re always just a phone call away for any questions or concerns you may have.
Get your free policy review to learn more about the types of coverage you need and how our team can help. During your policy review, we know you’ll learn why American Insurance Brokers, Inc. is the best choice for commercial truck insurance in the South.
Contact us today to get your personalized commercial truck insurance quotes!