As a truck owner and/or operator, you know how important it is to have the right commercial truck insurance in Covington, Louisiana. You have two main objectives:
- Ensuring you have enough coverage
- Making sure it’s affordable
American Insurance Brokers Inc. is here to offer you the options in coverage type and levels you need. We work tirelessly so that your employees and equipment are covered – legally and financially – in the event of an accident.
Making Sure You Have Enough Coverage for Covington
Specific commercial vehicle insurance is essential to secure the physical, legal, and financial safety of your drivers, vehicles, and cargo. A common misconception about insurance is that personal insurance also covers a driver when they use a business vehicle. This is not the case.
If your vehicle is designated for your business, whether a car, van, or semi-truck, contact American Insurance Brokers Inc. to ensure your policy keeps you protected. We have decades of experience providing commercial truck insurance in Covington.
Types of Commercial Truck Insurance Coverage in Covington
Regardless of the type of truck you have, you can count on us to provide you with a policy to cover it. We can find coverage for you whether your commercial truck stays within the city lines of Covington or if you cross state lines regularly.
Types of commercial truck insurance we offer include:
- Box trucks
- Car carriers
- Dump trucks
- Flatbed trucks
- Hotshot trucks
- Moving trucks
- Straight trucks
- Tank trucks
- Tow trucks
Do you have a truck you don’t see listed? We can accommodate you – just give us a call.
To ensure you have the right coverage, our agents specialize in both state and federal laws that govern the type of commercial truck insurance you must have. We provide many options so you comply with these regulations. The specific policy and coverage you need will vary based on the following:
- The type of commercial truck covered
- The type of cargo being carried
- The experience and driving history of your drivers
Coverage options from American Brokers Insurance Inc. include:
- Commercial auto liability
- Physical damage
- Medical payments coverage
- Uninsured motorist insurance
- Trailer interchange
- Non-trucking liability insurance
- Motor truck cargo insurance
- Motor truck general liability insurance
- On-hook towing insurance
- Garage Keepers legal liability insurance
- Workers’ compensation insurance
You will not need every one of these coverages, but we can determine which are best for your needs and find you the best policy options.
We provide filings for Louisiana, proving you have the necessary coverage. They include:
- Form E
- Form H
- OS/OW COI
Affordable Commercial Truck Insurance in Covington is Based on These Factors
We know it would be helpful to see a list of prices for each type of commercial truck insurance. Unfortunately, this is impossible because the factors that affect your cost are so complex. Your monthly premium will be based on these and other factors:
- The type of cargo you’re hauling. If you haul cargo, the type of cargo you haul will impact the price of your commercial truck insurance. Why? Because some cargo is more dangerous than others. Case in point, it is likely that a policy covering a car carrier is going to be more expensive than a policy for a truck hauling carrots – in the event of an accident, carrots will likely do less damage than cars will. If you are hauling hazardous materials, expect to pay a premium.
- The type of vehicle you’re insuring. As is true of every other type of vehicle insurance, the vehicle you’re insuring will impact the cost of the insurance. A vehicle that costs more to replace is going to cost more to insure than an older model that costs less.
- Your typical route. The larger the radius of your route, the higher your premium is likely to be. A driver that sticks within Covington city lines is exposed to less risk than a driver who takes their truck on unfamiliar interstates on a regular basis.
- The driving history of the insured party. As is true on your personal auto insurance policy, your driving history will impact the cost of your insurance. If you have a history of accidents and traffic citations, expect to pay more.
These are only some of the factors that affect the cost of your insurance. The good news is that at American Brokers Insurance Inc., we are experts in finding the best possible price for each type of coverage.
We Know What Type of Coverage You Must Have
Are you not sure what type of commercial truck insurance you require? Let us help! Our experienced customer service department can walk you through the process. We’ll make the necessary inquiries so that we understand your business, your vehicles, and your drivers.
Once we’ve gone over how your vehicle will be used, how it will transport people or goods, and other essential factors, we can provide detailed information on what you must have and what you might choose to add. We believe that an informed customer makes the right decision, and it’s our job to ensure you’re informed.
You Can Trust Our Expertise
You’re an expert in your field. Your boss or your client trusts you behind the wheel to get the job done. We want you to focus on what you do best – while you let us focus on what we do best. We have fostered industry relationships over four decades and stay current on the latest research and data on the commercial trucking industry.
As a result, we can find the best options for individual owners, fleet owners, and everyone in between. We want you to focus on growing and managing your business – not doing hours of research to find the best insurance product. That’s why we’re here. We’re looking for the following:
- The best possible coverage for your truck or fleet
- Competitive pricing for the coverage that works for you
- Policies that meet or exceed the required minimums for Covington
When you let us do the work for you, you can access more than 35 A-rated major insurance companies. Each of these companies is best for some situations but not others. You do not have to decide which is best for you – we’ll take care of it.