Commercial truck insurance in Louisiana is important. Fleets small and large need insurance options that are fast, efficient, and straightforward for their journeys through the Gulf South. American Insurance Brokers can provide the coverage you need, no matter where you go. Here’s what you need to know about our Louisiana commercial truck insurance options.
What are the benefits of Louisiana commercial truck insurance?
Louisiana has two main roads. One is Interstate 10/12 in the south, which goes from Texas to Mississippi. The other is Interstate 20 in the north. Both of these have significant traffic, which means your chances of getting into an accident are also higher.
According to an analysis of Louisiana truck crashes in 2018:
- 8% of all commercial vehicle crashes in Louisiana occurred on interstates
- 9% occurred on state highways
- 3% occurred on U.S. highways
With this in mind, your business requires robust and comprehensive commercial truck insurance in Louisiana that prepares you for these challenges. To start, if you’re simply traveling within the state, American Insurance Brokers can help. Our cities include, but are not limited to:
Traveling outside of Louisiana to neighboring states (or perhaps across the country)? Not a problem either. American Insurance Brokers will provide the coverage you need for peace of mind, wherever your business goes.
What does commercial truck insurance in Louisiana cover?
You should never have to wrestle with your insurance company when you hit a bump in the road. Commercial truck insurance requirements vary due to many different circumstances, though. Your cargo, typical route, and so much more will have an effect on the insurance coverages you need.
These are some of the different types of commercial truck insurance you may find in many of our Louisiana policies:
- Commercial auto liability: This type of insurance can cover injuries to other people or damage to property if you’re at fault for an accident. It may also pay for your legal defense costs in the case of a lawsuit.
- Physical damage: Physical damage is a general term for a group of insurance coverage tools that protect your truck. This may cover collision insurance, as well as your choice of full comprehensive insurance or fire and theft with combined additional coverage (CAC) insurance.
- Medical payments coverage: Also known as MedPay coverage, this is meant to cover medical expenses for you and any passengers in your vehicle who are hurt during an accident. This is regardless of who caused the accident.
- Uninsured motorist insurance: This form of commercial trucking insurance can protect you if you’re involved in an accident with someone who is either uninsured or underinsured.
- Trailer interchange insurance: This type of physical damage insurance is important for trailers pulled under a trailer interchange agreement. This insurance might protect your trailer if it’s damaged by collision, fire, theft, explosion, or vandalism.
- Non-trucking liability insurance: When you’re under permanent lease to a motor carrier and you’re not driving under dispatch, non-trucking liability insurance can provide the truck insurance coverage you need at an unlimited radius.
- Motor truck cargo insurance: For-hire truckers need this type of insurance to cover liability for cargo that is lost or damaged due to causes such as fire, collision, or striking of a load.
- Motor truck general liability: For-hire truckers or motor carriers need this type of coverage for injuries or property damage resulting from business activities unrelated to truck operations.
- On-hook towing insurance: On-hook towing insurance may pay to repair or replace a vehicle you don’t own if it is damaged by a collision, fire, theft, explosion, or vandalism while you are towing or hauling.
- Garagekeepers legal liability insurance: Garage keeper’s legal liability insurance can protect business owners who offer towing services or operate service stations. It can protect your car when you park, store, or service it at a covered location.
- Workers’ compensation insurance: Finally, workers’ compensation insurance, also known as workers’ comp, is a mandatory form of insurance that many businesses require. It may cover medical costs and a portion of lost wages for employees who are injured on the job. It also protects companies from lawsuits relating to workplace conditions.
With commercial truck insurance in Louisiana, drivers and businesses can receive the protection they need for a range of different situations. Trust American Insurance Brokers to find the best coverage for your company at a competitive price.
What types of vehicles does American Insurance Brokers cover?
American Insurance Brokers insures a wide range of commercial vehicles. Whether you need to insure a few drivers or have a full fleet of trucks, our team can help.
Tractor-trailers are one of the more common types of commercial vehicles we insure, but we also insure:
- Dump trucks
- Straight trucks
- Tow trucks
- Tank trucks
- Box trucks
- Moving trucks
- Flatbed trucks
- Log trucks
Don’t see your commercial vehicle on this list? We understand the unique complexities of the trucking industry in the Gulf South. Get in touch with us today. Our team can put together a custom insurance quote for your needs.
How commercial truck insurance in Louisiana works
Big and small fleets can easily get the insurance they need through our simple system at American Insurance Brokers. We provide free policy reviews, quick insurance certificates, and a dependable team to support you throughout the process.
We put decades of expertise to work while helping you select the right insurance plan at the most competitive rate. Once you’ve chosen to obtain insurance through American Insurance Brokers, we also take care to ensure you have the legal documentation you need to do your job, fast.
We provide the following Louisiana and federal commercial truck insurance filings:
- FMCSA: Proves Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration registration
- MCS90: States that the driver’s financial commitment meets the state’s minimum requirement
- BMC34: Provides cargo liability coverage
- BMC91-X: Shows public liability insurance (such as bodily injury, property damage, or environmental restoration)
- Form E: Demonstrates that drivers carry the minimum required insurance for their home state
- Form H: Confirms that drivers carry the minimum required cargo liability insurance for their home state
- OS/OW COI: Proves to Louisiana that drivers have sufficient liability insurance to operate oversize or overweight vehicles
- SR22: This shows that drivers have filed minimum liability insurance with their home state’s motor vehicle department
Because different situations require various filings, our team will take a close look at your needs to ensure accuracy. We’ll work with your team to ensure we’ve filed the appropriate paperwork for your company.
An annual review
When it comes to commercial truck insurance in Louisiana, it’s important to thoroughly review your policy every year. This is an opportunity to make sure you’re getting the coverage you need at the right price. At American Insurance Brokers, we provide free annual policy reviews for any type of commercial vehicle.
During this type of review, we’ll typically look for three important components. First, we’ll examine your current deductibles and limits. The amount you will have to pay before the insurance company makes any payment (the deductible) should be relatively low. When it comes to the absolute limit regarding what the insurance company is required to pay, the number should be considerably high for your industry and risk profile.
Next, our team will check for compliance with all federal and state requirements. This has to do with the regulatory filings previously discussed. Your insurance company should always keep you updated on your policies, even with the many forms to manage.
Finally, we’ll make sure you’re on board with a responsive insurance company. If disaster strikes, it’s important to have a team that will work tirelessly to get you back on the road. American Insurance Brokers works with more than 35 “A” rated truck insurance companies. That means you will get the most competitive price for your insurance, as well as excellent customer service if challenges occur.
Your first choice
American Insurance Brokers has extensive experience in the southern region and is the top choice for commercial truck insurance in Louisiana.
Our goal is to find our clients the best policies at fair prices. We have a proven track record of reliability, as well as affordability.
Plus, you can trust that our knowledgeable team will walk you through every detail of the process. If you have a question along the way, all you have to do is ask. We pride ourselves on providing the answers you need in a timely manner.
What sets us apart is our ability to know what you need, why you need it, and when you need it. We are available to help trucking companies in the southern U.S. as we serve Louisiana and other nearby states.
Get your free coverage review to see why American Insurance Brokers is the top pick for truck insurance in the South.