When you hit the wide-open roads of the deep South, you shouldn’t have to worry about insurance. In fact, this critical aspect of your business should give you nothing but peace of mind. Whether you’re an independent trucker or managing an entire fleet, commercial truck insurance in Alabama is a must.
In the event of an accident, you need fast and efficient coverage. You need coverage options that are straightforward. At American Insurance Brokers, we’ve been providing the highest level of commercial truck insurance since 1980. Our insurance policies provide broad protection from any number of conditions you or your drivers are liable to face out on the road. This is what you can expect when working with our team.
What are the benefits of Alabama commercial truck insurance?
Trucking is a vital part of Alabama’s economy. Roughly 86% of Alabama communities depend exclusively on trucks to move their goods. Plus, the trucking industry provides one out of every 15 jobs in the state. With this in mind, American Insurance Brokers provides unique and essential insurance coverage for these critical workers in the state.
Whether you’re navigating the open road or managing your fleet from the office, American Insurance Brokers can give your team the protection it needs. Even if you’re an independent driver, your personal auto insurance doesn’t provide the coverage to protect you and your business. In fact, many companies will cancel your policy if you are using the vehicle for business purposes. On the other hand, the right Alabama commercial truck insurance will protect you when you need it most.
Traveling over the state lines of Alabama? Perhaps you’re taking a job that requires you to venture across the country? Not a problem. When duty calls, we want to help you get there. The team at American Insurance Brokers will get you the coverage you need, no matter where your business takes you.
Types of commercial vehicles we cover in Alabama
Whether you’re using a fleet to transport food items or working on highway construction, American Insurance Brokers can help. We know there are a variety of commercial trucks taking to the roads of Alabama, and we work hard to find full-scale coverage options that meet your needs.
Our portfolio at American Insurance Brokers includes:
- Dump trucks
- Straight trucks
- Tow trucks
- Tank trucks
- Box trucks
- Moving trucks
- Flatbed trucks
Don’t see your type of commercial truck on this list? We understand the unique complexities of the trucking business and cover a variety of other vehicles as well. Chances are, we probably have the coverage you need. Get in touch with us to find out more about how we can serve you.
What does commercial truck insurance in Alabama cover?
From Huntsville to Dothan, commercial truck insurance in Alabama can provide the coverage you need for nearly any situation. No matter where you travel, American Insurance Brokers offers a range of policy options.
Your cargo, typical route, and many other factors will have an effect on the specific coverages you need. These are some of the different types you’ll find in our commercial truck insurance Alabama policies:
- Commercial auto liability: This type of insurance covers injuries to other people or damage to property if you’re at fault for an accident. It can also pay for your legal defense costs in the case of a lawsuit.
- Physical damage: Physical damage is a general term for a group of insurance coverages that protect your truck. This covers collision insurance, as well as your choice of full comprehensive insurance or fire and theft with combined additional coverage (CAC) insurance.
- Medical payments coverage: Also known as MedPay coverage, this generally covers medical expenses for you and any passengers in your truck who are hurt during an accident. This is regardless of who caused the accident.
- Uninsured motorist insurance: This type of insurance usually contains three separate insurance coverages that are categorized together. It protects you if you’re involved in an accident with another driver who is either uninsured or underinsured.
- Trailer interchange insurance: This type of physical damage insurance is important for trailers being pulled under a trailer interchange agreement. This insurance can protect you if the trailer is damaged by collision, fire, theft, explosion, vandalism, or other issues.
- Non-trucking liability insurance: When you’re under permanent lease to a motor carrier and you’re not driving under dispatch, non-trucking liability insurance can provide the truck insurance coverage you need at an unlimited radius.
- Motor truck cargo insurance: For-hire truckers need this type of insurance to cover liability for cargo that is lost or damaged due to causes such as fire, collision, or striking of a load.
- Motor truck general liability: For-hire truckers or motor carriers require this type of coverage for injuries or property damage resulting from business activities unrelated to truck operations.
- Garage keeper’s legal liability insurance: This type of insurance will generally help you pay to repair or replace a vehicle you don’t own if it is damaged by a collision, fire, theft, explosion, or vandalism while you are towing or hauling.
- Storage location insurance: This coverage is for business owners who offer towing services or operate service stations. It protects a customer’s vehicle when you are keeping it at a covered location for parking, storing, or to perform service.
- Workers’ compensation insurance: Workers’ compensation insurance, also known as workers’ comp, is a mandatory type of insurance required by a range of different industries. It covers medical costs and a portion of lost wages for an employee who is hurt on the job. It also protects companies from lawsuits related to workplace conditions.
Your state and regulatory filings
Proudly serving the Southeast since 1980, American Insurance Brokers has extensive experience in the commercial truck insurance industry. There are many important aspects of commercial truck insurance requirements, but regulatory filings are one critical component. When you work with American Insurance Brokers, you can rest assured knowing you’re always in compliance.
You can count on our team to handle or facilitate the following regulatory filings:
- FMCSA: Filings for the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- MCS90: States that the driver will have access to a minimum amount of money to pay for injuries in the event of an accident
- BMC34: Provides proof of cargo liability coverage
- BMC91-X: Provides proof of public liability insurance, such as bodily injury/property damage/environmental restoration
- Form E: Demonstrates that drivers carry the minimum insurance requirement for Alabama
- Form H: Confirms that drivers carry the minimum cargo liability insurance requirement for Alabama
- OS/OW COI: Proves that drivers have sufficient liability insurance to operate oversize or overweight vehicles
- SR22: Shows that drivers have filed minimum liability insurance with the Alabama motor vehicles department
Every business is unique. Where you travel and what you’re hauling (if anything) will have an influence on your filing requirements. You can trust our team to closely examine your needs to ensure accuracy. Plus, we offer all of our clients a free annual policy review. This helps us stay proactive in maintaining the necessary filings for your business.
Your first choice in Alabama
Serving Huntsville, Birmingham, Montgomery, and everywhere in between, we are your first choice for commercial truck insurance in Alabama. The American Insurance Brokers team has been serving Southeast truckers for decades, offering reliability and affordability when it comes to their insurance needs.
Here is more information about the service and support you can expect when you choose to work with us.
We are uniquely positioned to provide affordable, yet high-quality commercial truck insurance in Alabama.
Regardless of your commercial truck insurance requirements, we’ll work to find a policy suited to you. It’s part of our commitment to superior customer service. Our specially trained staff will do an in-depth analysis of your business. From there, we’ll discuss where you typically travel, the size of your team, what type of work you do, and whether you’re usually hauling anything. This helps us determine the best types of policies to fit your needs.
Finally, we want to make sure you’re on board with a responsive insurance company. Did you get into an accident? This is when your policy really matters. If disaster strikes, it’s important to have a team who will work tirelessly to get you back on the road. We work with 35 “A” rated truck insurance companies to get you a competitive price and excellent customer service. If you’re not 100% satisfied, we want to know so that we can make it right.
Serving the South
Our Alabama commercial truck insurance agents provide a variety of coverage options for commercial truck operators beyond state lines. We have a unique understanding of the demands of the Southern trucking industry and proudly offer coverage in the following states.
Your comprehensive annual review
The trucking industry is always changing, especially when it comes to insurance requirements. At American Insurance Brokers, we believe it’s important to have an annual review. This confirms that you’re getting the coverage you need at the right price. We will always let you know if there are ways we can improve your coverage or premiums.
Once you’re on board with our team, we’ll conduct this review every year. But we also provide free and thorough annual policy reviews for potential clients. This allows us to look for three important factors. First, we want to see that your current plan has appropriately low deductibles and high limits. The amount you will have to pay before the insurance company makes any payment should be relatively low. When it comes to the absolute limit regarding what the insurance company will pay, the number should be considerably high.
Next, our team will check for compliance with all of those federal and state requirements. This has to do with the regulatory filings we previously discussed. While there are many forms to keep track of, your insurance company should always ensure that you’re up to date while enrolled in one of their policies.
Are you ready to get your free policy review? Let us find the right Alabama commercial truck insurance to meet your needs. Call American Insurance Brokers today.